Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sylvan Lake










I'm going to try and capture all the the excitement that I had when I tried to post this the first time. It has been a week, so bare with me.

We went on our first family camping trip in over 6 years. The last time I went camping Simon was 4 months old. We had a blast. We went to Sylvan Lake witch is right outside of Eagle. I really didn't care where we went just as long as it had a toilet and a shower. It didn't even have to be in the cabin, I'd walk to a shower house and toilet. So glad the my mother in law agreed.
Just a short three hour mountain drive for us. The Fish cried almost the whole way there. He just wanted to sleep in his bed and not his car seat. And when he did fall asleep the older boys would do something to wake him up.
We got there on Thursday afternoon and left on Sunday. We had so much fun. The kids where so dirty! Stanley by far was the dirtiest. He could just look at the ground and end up covered in the red clay. Fish had dirt ground into his knees that I think is still there. He didn't mind crawling in the dirt cuz he was able to get at least two baths a day this way. Simon, would spend all day on the boat if we let him. He declared on this trip, "Fishing is my life."
It was the most perfect vacation for me. I got to layout and read. The only thing I wish is that I had packed more books with me. If I had a kindle I bet I could have avoided this problem(hint, hint). I plowed through my 600+ page book in a day and a half. Eat. Sleep. Read. Sleep. Eat. Read. Prefect.
The trip was great. The kids loved having that one on one time with their Oma and Poppo. And with no tv or electricity for four days I was a little worried that they, and myself would get bored. But they didn't want to leave. We can't wait to go back.
This will be the most memorable trip camping for me. The Fish pushed me away everytime I tried to nurse him. I'm not sure if it was because I smelled of a campfire, or sunscreen, or if he was just out of his element, but he no longer wants his Momma. :( And I cried. I'm not ready to have him grow up. Maybe by the time he's going off to college I will be. And I would have hoped I would have been done nursing by then.

On the way home we had a blow out on one of the boat trailer tires. The only injury the whole trip and it was on a trailer and not one of my kids. I packed extra first aide, because with Stanley you can never be too prepared.

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! Those pictures are amazing!!!! I'm glad you had a great time and got to relax some:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like an amazing trip!
    P.S. I TOTALLY AGREE with you about the kindle!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome. Stanley was sooo dirty!

    ReplyDelete