Thursday, August 26, 2010

This has been a busy summer for us. The kids had karate two days a week all summer long. They both were able to test up to a yellow belt. They really enjoyed going.




I went on a hike last weekend with some good friends of ours. We went to RMNP and hiked from Bear Lake up to Emerld Lake. I'm thinking of taking the whole family and doing this same hike again this weekend. Here's me at Nymph Lake. So pretty with all the lilly pads



Up above Nymph Lake there is a great spot where you can see Longs peak. I'm gunna try and hike that someday. Someday...

Just a really pretty view looking down on Nymph Lake.












So many pretty flowers. I'm pretty sure, but not positive that these are Indian Paint Brushes.





So many beuatiful spots to stop and take pictures along the way to Emerld Lake.





Me and Kelly possing by a stream. I must have liked this picture alot, cuz I posted it twice. Enjoy. :)







A cute little fish in Dream Lake. Anyone know what kind it is? Steven says from this picture that it is either a brooky or a brown trout. But I should have gotten a picture of it's belly for him to be able to tell for sure he says. I'll remember that for next time.




Along this little meadow area there was a ton of wild raspberries. We picked and ate a couple. Oh so sweet!





At last we arrived at Emerld Lake. It was so windy up there! We sat on a big cliff/rock and ate our lunch before hiking back down. Such a great way to spend a Saturday morning.




Fish loves water! I got an idea to put the kids water wings on him and see if he could hold his own in the hot tub this evening. Not quite, but it was a nice try. (P.S. check out his monkey big toes! He grips the ground with them and it cracks me up!)


He was trying to drink the water. Gross!




1 comment:

  1. Oh that's pretty! I miss hiking....you'll have to take me there next year.


    Fisher is getting so big I can't believe it! Cute little are floaters!

    ReplyDelete