Saturday, September 11, 2010
















First things first. Sorry my blog looks like a big ol' pile of doo-doo right now. I have no idea how to fix it so bare with me till I figure it out.

Now for the good stuff.

The family went for a hike a couple of weeks ago. We went to a place up above Estes Park called Lily Mountain Trail. The kids really liked it. Stan was the bomb hiker. For his first ever hike he did really well. He kept up the pace and didn't complain or need to stop and rest. He was having a great time. Simon on the other hand seemed to hate ever minute of it. He wanted to turn back every five minutes and had to stop and rest just about the same. Steven was being himself and called to Simon, "Next time should be bring yer skirt?" And without skipping a beat Stanley added "Ya, yer pink princess skirt?" I know it wasn't nice, but it made me laugh. What a little smartbutt. We made it about 2 miles into the trail before we decided to stop and have lunch and then turn back. Fish loved where we stopped that he could walk around and play in the gravel and dirt. He even added some rocks to my water, very tasty. But the hike wore him out too and he passed out on the way down. So cute.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I'm glad you went back. See it's cool when there's no snow around:)

    ReplyDelete